In galley rail cars, fresh water stored in tanks is used to prepare food and drinks. At various locations along the route, they are filled with water of different qualities and are subject to temperature fluctuations. This results in the formation of deposits in the tanks, such as scale which spreads throughout the entire pipe network.
Why reliable drainage is important
If a galley car is sidelined, the water tank must be drained, especially in the winter at temperatures below 4°C, as it might otherwise be damaged. Thanks to complete drainage of the tank, including the pipe network, all accumulated dirt and deposits are flushed out. These particles may lead to subsequent sealing problems at the valves, e.g. constant leakage which causes an above-average level of water consumption during refilling or even water damage in the galley located beneath the tank.
Media separated solenoid valves from Bürkert offer greater reliability for your application with particle-loaded liquid media
- they are able to cope with deposits
- they can be operated manually when the cars are parked up without a locomotive and thus without a power supply
- they have large orifices since they have to operate at various locations with varying levels of pressure
- they have low power requirements to reduce the impact on resources
In close cooperation with railway companies, two media-separated solenoid valve types were selected for this precise task. Thanks to their graduated performance, the Type 0330 and Type 0131 valves can be very easily adapted to the individual applications to ensure the defined drainage time is met and all accumulated dirt and deposits are also flushed out.
Typical applications for particle handling
Get more information
Extinguishing fires reliably
Highest operational reliability for fire sprinkler system components
The ideal media separated solenoid valve for your application
Toggle valves 2/2 or 3/2 way direct-acting
- Direct-acting, media separated valve with diameter of up to DN 25
- Vibration-proof, block screwed coil system
- Energy-saving power reduction in all DC versions
- Increased safety with electric position feedback
- Robust, service-friendly manual override
Christian Bürkert GmbH & Co. KG
D-74653 Ingelfingen, Germany
Telefon: +49 (0)7940 10-0
Telefax: +49 (0)7940 10-91 204
Do you have any questions? Don´t hesitate to contact us.