The HERMES AWARD is one of the most sought-after international technology prizes. It is offered every year in conjunction with HANNOVER MESSE and carries a PR prize package valued at around 100,000 EUR. The HERMES AWARD is given in recognition of outstanding innovations that are unveiled at HANNOVER MESSE for the first time. This year's winner will be announced by the jury president, Professor Wolfgang Wahlster, during the HANNOVER MESSE Opening Ceremony on 6 April and will be honored in a special address given by Germany's Federal Education Minister, Johanna Wanka.
The nominated Companies (in alphabetical order):
- Bürkert Werke, Ingelfingen, Germany
- KHS GmbH, Dortmund, Germany
- Phoenix Contact, Blomberg, Germany
- SAG GmbH, Langen, Germany
- Sensitec GmbH, Lahnau, Germany